What Is My IP
The Internet Protocol Address (or IP Address) is a unique address (numeric label) that computing devices like laptops, tablets, and smartphones use to identify themselves from and communicate with other machines in the IP network.
A unique IP address must be assigned to each device connected to the IP network. An IP address is used to identify an entity, much like a street address or phone number.
Devices use IP addresses to find and communicate with one another, so in a way, an IP address serves as an online home address.
This is how an IP address guides information to its final location. You start by typing example.com into the browser's address bar.
However, only numbers are understood by your computer; words are not. Therefore, it first determines the website's IP address (example.com = 220.127.116.11), locates it online, and then loads it on your screen.
Why are IP Addresses Framed as a Set Of 4 Numbers?
An IP address is composed of a series of numbers separated by periods. An IP address is made up of four sets of numbers; for example, 18.104.22.168 is an IP address. The numbers in the set can be between 0 and 255. The IP addressing typically ranges from therefore 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255.
The only reason it can go up to 255 is that each number is an eight-digit binary number. (aka an octet). The highest number an octet can contain is 255, which is represented by the number 11111111, while the value of zero in an octet is 00000000.
The IP address (for instance, 22.214.171.124) that we previously mentioned would be represented in binary as 11000000.10101000.00000001.00100010.
Computers use the binary format, but as humans, we find the decimal format to be much more usable. Nevertheless, realising that IP addresses are binary numbers will make it easier to comprehend why some things in their environment operate the way they do.
But don't worry about it! We won't be bombarding you with a lot of binary or math in this IP small basic guide, so bare with us a little longer.
How Can I Check My IP Address? (Other Different Ways You Can Apply)
To find your router's public IP address, the simplest method is to use Tool Future Tool's What is my IP? The response will be shown in a few microseconds.
The same information will be shown on other websites, and those websites will be able to see your public IP address because your router made a request and disclosed it by accessing the website.
The IP address of the website goes a step further by listing your city and Internet service provider (ISP). Your private IP address can be found using different platforms and techniques:
A- Windows Technique
Technique- 1 to find your IP address on a Windows device:
- Use the command prompt to get started.
- Apply Windows search, and look for “cmd” (with no quote marks).
- Type “ipconfig” with no quote marks in the pop-up box, to find the information.
Technique- 2 to see your IP address on a Windows device:
- Right-click on the Windows icon.
- Select Network and Internet as your options.
- Select Wi-Fi, depending on which you use.
- Click on Network in the center column.
- The IPv4 number will be your address.
B- Mac Technique
Technique- 1 to find your IP address on a Mac device:
- Go to System Preferences
- Select the network – and the information will be visible.
Technique- 2 to find your IP address on a Mac device:
- Pull down the Apple Menu.
- Select System Preferences.
- In the View menu, choose Network.
- In the left column, select Wi-Fi or Ethernet.
- Your IP address will appear in the middle of the page if you’re using Ethernet
- If you’re using Wi-Fi, choose Advanced.
- Select TCP/IP.
- You’ll see your address listed under IPv4.
C- iPhone Technique
Technique- 1 to find your IP address on your iPhone:
- Go to Settings
- Select Wi-Fi & click the “i” in a circle () next to the network you are on.
- The IP address is visible under the DHCP tab.
Technique- 2 to find your IP address on your iPhone:
- On the home screen, choose Settings.
- Choose Wi-Fi.
- Select the network to which you’re connected.
- Your IP address will appear at the top
D- Android Technique
You can find your IP address on an Android device by doing the following steps:
- Navigate to your Settings menu.
- Choose About.
- Select Status.
- You can see your IP address listed.
Kaspersky advises going into the router to find out the IP addresses of other devices on your network. The router's software & brand will resolve how you connect it.
The router should typically be reachable by entering its gateway IP address into an internet browser connected to the same network.
Select "attached devices" from the menu, and a list of all the devices that are currently or recently connected to the network, along with their IP addresses, should appear.
6 Easy Steps To Know Your IP Address Using This Tool
- Come to (What Is My IP) of Toolfuture
- Here, you don’t even have to click anything (as you can see the tool is showing Your IP with Location)
- Next, click on SHOW MORE
- Here, you’ll see much more information regarding your IP
- Firstly the map with the zoom option
- Then, you will get other crucial information like (Your IP Address, Location, Region, Country, Country code, City, Latitude, Longitude, Time zone, Currency code, Zip, and ISP.)
This information about your IP is crucial if you want to deep dive into some major cyber tasks.
The Final Thought
Now that you understand what IP is and how it works, there are several techniques you can use to learn more about IP, as well as the simplest steps to take. What’s your IP with the help of Toolfuture.
Even though you most likely won't need to trace an IP address on a usual day, it’s helpful to know the free, accessible tools that other people can access.